Posted on September 01, 2021
We are a large, family owned and operated grower, packer and shipper of fresh produce and nuts. We are headquartered in the heart California’s lush Central Valley, with interests throughout the state. Our rapid expansion has been led by the implementation of new technologies, innovative application of cutting edge research, and a focus on sustainability. As an internationally respected leader in our industry, we recognize that the contributions of our employees and the values that we hold have gotten us where we are.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Mange and Improve a Human Resource Department for a leader in the fresh produce and nut industry.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recruitment, development of job postings, hiring and onboarding for seasonal and year round positions.
- Administer safety program and manage team responsible for organizing trainings and ensuring compliance with labor law. Oversee all worker’s compensation records, filings and trainings as necessary.
- Update and maintain employee handbook, provide expert knowledge on policy and employee relations
- Maintain records pertaining to employee position summaries, compensation, benefits, and leave
- Coordinate investigations pertaining to employee grievances and non-compliance violations, provide recommendations for corrective actions
- Develop employee incentive/morale/corporate culture enhancement programs
- Establish employee review, training and development programs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- 5 years management experience in Human Resources with increasing levels of responsibility
- PHR or SPHR preferred
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Self-motivated leader who wants to grow with an expanding company.
- Thorough knowledge of local, state and federal employment laws
- Strong team builder and employee mentor
- Computer and organizational skills
- Bilingual preferred
Return to Job Listings