Forklift Operator/Material Handler
Posted on March 10, 2021
Now Hiring, We Want You!
Who we are: Morada Produce is a family owned and operated grower/packer/shipper of cherries, walnuts, onions, and bell peppers. Innovation and creativity have played an important role in Morada Produce’s success. The company’s vision to integrate research and state-of-the-art technology is ideal for young professionals looking to gain valuable experience. California Sweet Cherry packing takes place every April-June. In order to get the delicious seasonal fruit to our valued customers, hundreds of thousands of pounds of cherries need to be sorted by color and size, loaded in correct packaging, and shipped daily. To facilitate such an immense undertaking, hundreds of sorters and laborers work with supervisors in a fun, fast-paced team environment!
Available Seasonal Positions:
Forklift Operator/Material Handler: April-Mid-June 2021
Here’s What You’ll Do, A Day in the life of a Forklift Operator/Material Handler:
- This position will have a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities, but each will lead to the same goal: Maximize the value of the growers’ fruit by ensuring it is accurately marketed, packed, and accounted for before being shipped to our customers around the world.
- Long hours amongst a fun, professional crew.
- Possible 7 Days a week/ 10 hours a day
- Be a critical part of the Shipping or Receiving Departments of the fastest growing packing shed in the state of California.
- Reporting to and working closely with the Shipping & Receiving Managers.
- Daily Scheduling + Task Allocation
- Thinking critically and coordinating across departments and shifts.
Possible Tasks a Forklift Operator/Material Handler can be asked to accomplish:
- Perform daily inventory functions.
- Accurately pull orders and stage them for shipments.
- Breakdown and restack pallets to accurately fill orders
- Customer Service
- Ensure our valued customer’s product is packaged and shipped correctly while maintaining our high standards of quality.
- Give real time inventory counts of orders to our customers’ quality assurance teams.
- Quality Control
- Perform quality checks on our packed product to ensure there is no damage to our packed boxes so our customers will be satisfied with our unparalleled quality.
- Familiarity with FIFO (first in first out) to ensure the freshest fruit is shipped to our worldwide partners.
- Provide real-time inventory to Sales, Operations, Shipping, Receiving, and Production staffs.
- Ability to follow direction and make suggestions to ensure perpetual improvement of best practices.
This is what you will need to bring to the table:
- Forklift Experience Required
- High Stacking with Single - Double Experience.
- Riding Forklift Experience (Not Standing)
- Cold Storage Experience Preferred (Not Required)
- Familiarity with Wind Tunneling is a plus.
- Superior Communicator
- Energetic, Self-motivated
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solver
- Organization Skills
- Bilingual Preferred (Not Required)
This is what you can gain from your experience:
- Possible Future Full-Time Employment Opportunity.
- Experience in a Fast-paced Work Environment
- Cultured Craft Hispanic Food Truck on-site.
Return to Job Listings