Posted on March 10, 2021
Now Hiring, We Want You!
Who we are: Morada Produce is a family owned and operated grower/packer/shipper of cherries, walnuts, onions, and bell peppers. Innovation and creativity have played an important role in Morada Produce’s success. The company’s vision to integrate research and state-of-the-art technology is ideal for young professionals looking to gain valuable experience. California Sweet Cherry packing takes place every April-June. In order to get the delicious seasonal fruit to our valued customers, hundreds of thousands of pounds of cherries need to be sorted by color and size, loaded in correct packaging, and shipped daily. To facilitate such an immense undertaking, hundreds of sorters and laborers work with supervisors in a fun, fast-paced team environment!
Available Seasonal Positions:
Sales Assistant: April-Mid-June 2021
Here’s What You’ll Do, A Day in the life of a Sales Assistant
- This position will have a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities, but each will lead to the same goal: Maximize the value of the growers’ fruit by ensuring it is accurately marketed, packed, and accounted for before being shipped to our customers around the world.
- Long hours amongst a fun, professional crew.
- Possible 7 Days a week/ 10 hours a day
- Be a critical part of the Sales Departments of the fastest growing packing shed in the state of California.
- Reporting to and working closely with the Shipping & Production teams.
- Daily Scheduling + Task Allocation
- Thinking critically and coordinating across departments and shifts.
Possible Tasks a Sales Assistant can be asked to accomplish:
- Morning Tasks
- Review orders shipped the previous day
- Confirm the correct quantity was shipped
- Confirm the correct charges were used
- Email customers confirmations of shipments
- Notify sales men of any orders that did not ship
- Submit the completed files to the invoicing team
- Day Tasks
- Enter all new orders into our system
- Ensure correct quantity, pack style, and label are used
- Answer phone calls and connect to appropriate party
- Familiarity with FIFO (first in first out) to ensure the freshest fruit is shipped to our worldwide partners.
- Provide real-time inventory to Sales, Operations, Shipping, Receiving, and Production staffs.
- Ability to follow direction and make suggestions to ensure perpetual improvement of best practices.
This is what you will need to bring to the table:
- Positivity and energy
- Desire to learn.
- Communication skills
- Self-motivated, Detail Oriented
- Problem Solver
- Organization Skills
- Bilingual Preferred (Not Required)
This is what you can gain from your experience:
- Possible Future Full-Time Employment Opportunity.
- Experience in a Fast-paced Work Environment
- Cultured Craft Hispanic Food Truck on-site.
Return to Job Listings