Posted on February 19, 2021
Locations: Bakersfield, Fresno, Patterson/Gustine, Stockton
Here’s What You’ll Do, A Day in the life of a Harvest Coordinator:
- This position will have a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities, but each will lead to the same goal: maximize the amount of clean, cold, wholesome produce from the grower’s orchard to paying consumers worldwide as fast and organized as possible.
- Long hours outdoors in the beautiful spring time weather.
- 7 Days a Week/ 10 Hours a Day
- Daily reporting to a Morada Produce Field Representative.
- Daily Scheduling + Task Allocation.
- Work closely with FLC’s (Farm Labor Contractors), Growers, & Packing House Personnel.
Possible Tasks a Harvest Coordinator can be asked to accomplish:
- Proper operation of field hydro-cooler unit requires produce safety logs and SOP’s to be completed to ensure all freshly harvested fruit is cooled with clean water, extending the shelf life and value of the cherries.
- Manifest Management
- Generating load manifests to ensure that all fruit is picked accurately and accounted toward the proper growing entity by variety and harvest contractor.
- Food Safety
- Perform pre-harvest food safety risk assessment survey to identify and eliminate potential issues.
- Provide onsite, real-time feedback to FLC’s Growers, and Morada’s Field Staff to ensure smooth operation of hydro-cooling location.
- Constant communication with the packing shed to ensure Operations & Receiving departments are prepared.
- Quality Control
- Collect field samples pre-harvest to help Operations & Sales better understand marketability of each field/variety/region.
This is what you will need to bring to the table:
- Energetic, Self-motivated, Superior Communicator
- Detail Orientated
- Problem Solver
- Organization Skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Working Cell Phone
- Bilingual Preferred (Not Required)
This is what you can gain from your experience:
- Letter of Recommendation
- College Internship Credit
- Experience in a Fast-paced Work Environment
Possible Future Employment Opportunity
Return to Job Listings