Inventory Control Technician
Posted on February 19, 2021
Here’s What You’ll Do, A Day in the life of an Inventory Control Technician:
- This position will have a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities, but each will lead to the same goal: Maximize the value of the growers’ fruit by ensuring it is accurately marketed, packed, and accounted for before being shipped to our customers around the world.
- Long hours amongst a fun, professional crew
- 7 Days a week/ 10 hours a day
- Be a critical part of the Sales and Operations Departments of one of the state’s largest fresh cherry packing houses
- Reporting to and working closely with the Production and Operations Managers
- Daily Scheduling + Task Allocation
- Thinking critically and coordinating across departments and shifts
Possible Tasks an Inventory Control Technician can be asked to accomplish:
- Evaluating available raw materials for scheduling production, order fulfillment, export documentation development, and logistics coordination.
- Take a daily inventory of our packaged fruit and adjust the production schedule to meet our needs for order fulfillment.
- Customer Service
- Ensure our valued customer’s product is packaged correctly and up to our high standards of quality.
- Give real time inventory counts of orders to our customers’ quality assurance teams.
- Quality Control
- Perform quality checks on our product line to ensure our customer will be satisfied with our delicious fruit.
- Provide real-time inventory to Sales, Operations, and Productions staff.
- Communicate orders clearly to the production supervisors under the direction of the Operations Manager.
- Provide pertinent details across shifts and departments.
This is what you will need to bring to the table:
- Superior Communicator
- Energetic, Self-motivated
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solver
- Organization Skills
- Bilingual Preferred (Not Required)
This is what you can gain from your experience:
- Gain years of experience in the span of 50 days during the high intensity harvest window of April-June
- Letter of Recommendation
- College Internship Credit
- Experience in a Fast-paced Work Environment
- Possible Future Employment in one of the State’s Fastest Growing Produce Suppliers
Return to Job Listings